The Photoshop Elements is amongst the best liked consumer friendly software support system. The reason behind its popularity is, it has simple features and the production of the picture quality is perfectly ten on ten. It gives an immense boost to the artist for creation and experimentation with a variety of features for shaping impressive pictures. The Features are easy to use and apply. Correction of blemished pictures, background changes, picture resolution enhancement and even two tone pictures in a single image is like a picnic. The new feature in the Photoshop Elements of creation of double tones in one image is helpful in picture perfect images and also renders access to all kinds of experimentation.
The procedure of creating double tone in a single image includes converting colored image into black & white with sepia effect. These unique effects heighten the appeal of the image by making it look classic.
Below are the steps for converting your image into a double toned black & white picture:
- Firstly for transforming your colored image into a classic black & White picture, you simply have to apply an easy to access hues as well as the saturation layer method. The technique desaturates all colors in the image and converts the same into the classic version of black & white. After you achieve the desired look, you have to make sure that you create and name a replica copy of the background.
- The next step is to detach the highlights and the shadows from the picture. All you have to do is go to the layer icon and click on the “create new fill” for selecting “threshold”. This will automatically transform your image into Black & white. Also, you will see the adjustment slider opened up. Now you can keep on changing and go on experimenting on the picture until you ok the same and are content with the image.
- Now you must create around two layers of hue or saturation. Now, there will be two images, and out of the two, one image will be exactly the opposite of the other. Go to the Magic Wand pointer and verify whether the tolerance is100%. To select the white area of the image, you just have to click the same. If you desire to make special effects, you can blend a tinge of white color by selecting the “Feather” option and converting the radius into 15 pixels. Go to the “create an ew fill” and click the option. Once you do this, you will find a new layer containing a mask that resembles completely to your own image. You can save this new fill by clicking Ok tab and rename it as Highlights.
- Take the pointer to the “Magic Wand” icon again and now instead of white, click on the black color area in your picture. Again select “feather” option for making one more saturation layer. Click ok and rename the same as “shadows”.
- Finally, take the pointer to the Threshold layer for turning it off, and then open the “Highlights” Adjustment Layer. Go to color box and make changes in the hue until you’re satisfied. Now fix the saturation. Do the same procedure for the “Shadows” to achieve the desired outcome.